Massage Therapy Direct Billing
I offer the convenience of online direct billing for registered massage therapy services to the following extended health insurance companies:
- Pacific Blue Cross
- Medavie Blue Cross (RCMP/Veteran’s Affairs)
- Green Shield
- Great West Life
- Standard Life
- Chamber of Commerce
- Johnson Group
- Johnston Group Inc.
Every individual’s policy, plan and coverage details are different, even within the same insurance provider system. I encourage you to call your personal insurance provider before booking an appointment to find out the details of your specific plan. Questions I recommend clients ask are:
- Do I have coverage for registered massage therapy?
- What is my annual maximum benefit for registered massage therapy?
- Is there a maximum percentage or dollar limit per treatment?
- Is there an annual deductible, and if yes, what is it?
- Do I need a doctor’s referral for registered massage therapy?
- Is my plan eligible for online direct billing by my massage therapist?
If you wish me to direct bill on your behalf, please include your insurance information in the designated areas of your intake form, and bring your benefit card and a piece of photo ID to your first appointment.
For RCMP/Veteran’s affairs clients, please include your K number, or M number and collator number in the designated areas of your intake form, and bring a physician’s referral indicating the reason for treatment or the specific area requiring treatment to your first appointment.
ICBC and WCB
At this time I do not offer direct billing for ICBC or WCB clients. If you have been in a motor vehicle incident, or have sustained a work related injury and are coming to see me for massage therapy, these insurance companies become your primary insurance provider until your claim is closed. You will have to pay me the full treatment amount and then submit your receipts to your ICBC or WCB adjustor for reimbursement. Please be advised that WCB and ICBC will not reimburse you for the full treatment amount.